Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dad's Grilled Steak

I'm at home visiting my parents in Washington and am loving the food! And the company :-) My dad makes the best steaks ever and I finally watched him make it so I could try to replicate it. And now I'm sharing his grilling secrets with the world... :-)

Photobucket 

Steak (Dana bought filet mignon)
Seasoning (we used McCormick Montreal Steak)
Marinade:
2 parts Soy sauce
1 part Canola Oil
(basically just use about twice as much soy sauce as canola oil)
Photobucket

Marinate steaks in soy sauce and canola oil for at least 30 minutes.
Sprinkle seasoning on steaks and punch in with fork. Halfway through marinating turn steaks over.
My dad has a four-burner stove. He turned on all four burners to preheat the grill. You want the temperature between 300 and 400 degrees F.
He then placed all the steaks in the center of the grill. Turn off the middle two burners. This helps the steaks not get charred.
Close the grill and cook for about 15 minutes.
Turn steaks over.
Spoon excess marinade over steaks. Grill for another 15 minutes.
Check steaks to make sure they are done to your liking.
Serve.

Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Yum-o! Thanks for linking up at the CBPH :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would think he had died and gone to heaven if I made this for him! Looks delicious! Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We are so grateful for your support and we hope that you will be back tomorrow to share more great ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com
    PS I am so happy that you linked up! We love finding other sister blogs out there! Would you be interested in doing a guest post on our blog sometime? If you are, just send us an email: sixsistersstuff@gmail.com (No pressure if you aren't . . . we completely understand!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love grilling season this looks awesom

    ReplyDelete

previous Next home