|Left: Lime Right: Key Lime|
- 32 Oreo® cookies, finely crushed
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Key Lime Filling
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1¾-cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½-cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (I used a juicer and needed 10 key limes)
Topping (not pictured)
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (I used whipping cream, key lime juice plus zest, & powdered sugar)
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Zest from 1 Key Lime, for garnish
- Candied Limes (directions below)
In a food processor or blender, pulse Oreo® cookies until finely ground.
Add the melted butter and process to moisten.
Spoon mixture into mini-muffin tins. Pat cookie mixture into each pan, pressing firmly into bottom and side of each pan (I used this wooden tart shaper from Pampered Chef).
Place the in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer tins to a wire rack to cool completely before filling. I noticed my crusts had lost some of their shape, so I used the tart shaper on them again before they cooled. I made some in a silicone pan and some in a metal pan. The metal pan made for prettier pies, but the ones in the silicone pan were much easier to remove at the end.
Key Lime FillingPreheat oven to 350° F. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. Gradually add the key lime juice, whisking to combine.
Pour into the individual, prepared, cooled crusts (evenly dividing key lime mixture).