Sunday, February 27, 2011

Giant Toffee Cookies




I have always had a sweet tooth. Tonight was no different. I was craving cookies and had some toffee bits left over (I used some on my shortbread cookies), so toffee cookies it was. I also decided to make them pretty giant :-) Jirik and I ate way too much cookie dough . . . oh well . . . it was tasty!

Photobucket


 

Photobucket 

1 1/2 sticks melted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar





 1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla

2 cups + 2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Heath toffee bits
Photobucket
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream first set of ingredients (butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, & vanilla).


Add flour, baking soda, and salt.



Stir in toffee bits.

Sneak a bite or two of cookie dough :-)

Line pan with parchment paper. Scoop dough into giant cookies, six to a sheet. Bake for 18 or so minutes at 325 degrees, rotating pan halfway through.
Admire your giant cookies.
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

previous Next home