Sunday, February 27, 2011

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


I love enchiladas and when I saw Amanda's recipe over at Kevin & Amanda, I knew I had to try it! I altered it a little and used canned chicken and homemade tortillas.



Photobucket 
 
1 Tbsp butter 
1 can Rotel tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro, drained
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut up and softened
2 cups canned chicken
8-10 (8-inch) flour tortillas (I made mine from scratch. See recipe here.)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a fiesta blend: monterey jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla, & asadero)
1 pint whipping cream
Photobucket




Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 baking dish with Pam. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add Rotel and cook 1 min. Stir in cream cheese and chicken and cook, stirring constantly until cream cheese melts.





Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.





Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased baking dish.





Sprinkle with cheese, and drizzle with cream.




Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Take off foil and cook for another 15 mins, or until top is golden brown.






 These are so wonderful and creamy! This is definitely on my "make again" list!!





I served mine with rice, recipe below.




I just used ingredients I had on hand to make the sauce. I melted a Tbsp. of butter in a pan. I diced up 4 tomatoes, part of onion, and some green pepper. I added those to the pan. Then I added some garlic salt and pepper. Super simple and easily adjustable to what you have in your kitchen. 
While I was letting the sauce simmer, I cooked a cup of regular white rice. When it was done I mixed it with the sauce. My husband loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous Next home