Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blueberry-Lemon Muffins

I spent most of yesterday doing report cards, and I really felt like taking a break and cooking something today. I didn't get to the grocery store yesterday, so I was pretty low on ingredients. I only had one egg, so puff pancakes and waffles were out. This lovely little recipe only requires one egg, so it was a go. My mom use to make these all the time and I love them! My favorite part is that after you cook them you dip them in butter and sugar :-) Probably not the healthiest thing in the world, but they sure make a delicious breakfast!





Photobucket



2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon peel
1 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon lemon juice
 
blueberries (about 1 cup, I used more here, it's really up to you)

** enough butter and sugar for dipping 
Photobucket






Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon peel in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, egg, oil, and lemon juice until dry ingredients are moistened.




Tip: To prevent blueberries from turning the batter blue, save a little flour and use it to mix in with the blueberries before you fold them in.





Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.











Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.


    Dip muffin tops in butter and then sugar.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The recipe doesn't look to include that amount of blueberries. Did you use one pint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually use about a cup, but this time I tried using more because I didn't want to refreeze the rest. I really like blueberries so I didn't mind, but my husband said it was a little to much. I would recommend sticking with about a cup.

    ReplyDelete

previous Next home