Monday, February 21, 2011

Puff Pancakes





AKA German Pancakes
 
 
This is another favorite breakfast of mine. I hate eggs, so I dislike most breakfast-y foods. This tastes wonderful though, no egg taste :-) Jirik even likes them, so it's a recipe I make fairly often.
Photobucket

 
I love that puff pancakes only require 4 common ingredients. I pretty much always have these supplies on hand, so these are great when I'm too busy to go to the store.
 
 
1-2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2-3 eggs
Photobucket





In a 450 degree oven melt butter in 9" round pan (to double recipe use 9x12 pan). Put the rest of ingredients in blender and blend.





Pour in hot buttered pan(make sure the butter is bubbling). Bake for 10 minutes.





 





Then turn oven down to 350 degrees and cook for another 5 minutes.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Pour on some lemon juice...














 

 
 sprinkle on some powdered sugar...





and enjoy!

Variations: Sometimes I add some vanilla extract and cinnamon in the blender and it turns out pretty darn good. You could also top with fruit (I've tried strawberries, blueberries, cooked apples, etc.)

1 comment:

  1. I like Jirik's part in all of this. He certainly needs the calories.

    ReplyDelete

previous Next home