Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Dana is much better at making chocolate covered strawberries, but I made some with my niece Emily when we were all visiting my parents. This is an easy recipe for kids to help with. And I'm thinking they were pretty good because they lasted only minutes once they were ready! When I'm doing them for adults I like to fancy them up a little with white chocolate stripes, but I just went with simple for the kids.


Photobucket 
1 cup (6 oz.) milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
Dana uses this kind
I usually just use chocolate chips

1 to 2 tsp. shortening or oil

1 pint fresh strawberries, with green tops left on
Photobucket
Earlier in the day, wash strawberries and drain on paper towels. It's important that the strawberries be absolutely dry when dipping in chocolate. 
 
Place shortening or oil with chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave in 20-30 second bursts. You can also use a double broiler.

Hold strawberries by their green tops and swirl into the melted chocolate.
 

 Place on waxed paper.

Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
Enjoy!

If you want them a little fancier you can add a bit of white chocolate:

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous Next home