Wednesday, April 13, 2011

French Toast with Caramel Syrup

 
French toast is pretty fast and easy. This recipe is wonderful, but I think the greatness of french toast is usually dependent on the bread. The special part of this post is the caramel syrup. This syrup really takes classic french toast to a whole new level!
 
Recipe from Confessions of a Bake-A-Holic.
Photobucket 
French Toast
8 slices bread (I used sourdough)
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 T. vanilla
Butter for pan
 
Kneader's Caramel Syrup

1/2 c. Brown sugar
1/2 c. Whipping Cream
1/2 c. Light Karo Syrup
Photobucket 
French Toast
Heat frying pan or electric griddle to about 300 (medium-medium/high). Combine eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla in a shallow pan. Dip bread slices in egg mixture. 
 
Cook in butter in hot pan.

Serve hot out of the frying pan with warm caramel syrup.


Kneader's Caramel Syrup
Blend together and heat on stove top until sugar is smooth.
 

Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously just saw like 5 of your recipes linked over at It's a Keeper, and I didn't know they were all yours but I wanted to see all of them! Considering I just found about 5 recipes of yours that I MUST try, I am your newest follower :)

    Excited to see your other recipes! Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds just heavenly. The perfect breakfast for a lazy weekend.

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/14/chocolate-birds-nests/

    ReplyDelete

previous Next home